Sweatin' it out...for now

I'm living in good ole' G-ville, SC and spending time with my fam here. I'm also working at a children's home in the area. Fun times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States

I am currently working as a Family Teacher at a children's home in Clinton, SC.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Mexico Mentionables

Due to overwhelming requests for "fun facts" about Mexico (ok, so it was just one person. But he happens to be the world renown and critically acclaimed editor of the AGI, not to mention one of my mentors in blogosphere.), I have decided to include, as often as seems necessary, a "Mexico Mentionable" in my posts. So to start of with: Mexico Mentionable: I will never be lonely while doing the laundry in Mexico. There are tiny whitish green, sometimes grey, "laundry spiders" who keep me company. There are usually about one per clothes pin, but sometimes I will be lucky and pick up an empty one. They are very small, not bigger than a centimeter or smaller, and they are very shy. The make every attempt to get back to their clothspin of origin, even if they are still hanging from my arm. They seem to be worse on cloudy days. That is the extent of my knowledge of these spiders. So, how was my first "fun fact"? Maybe you can tell by the domestic nature of my mentionable that I have not been out much this week. Ken and Diana started language school on Monday and so the kidos and I were on our own. We got all of their school done, minus a science experiment, and a good time was had by all. I saw my nephew on the web cam last night and miss him terribly. I like new inventions such as the above mentioned web cam, however they tend to make me homesick. He is growing wonderfully and has the best expressions, especially when he is working on cleaning out his system. I wish I could hold him and kiss his soft little head. So, that's all for now. Perhaps we'll go out this afternoon and I'll have something else to say. Later

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo-Jo,

Great blog! I'm just now finally getting around to checking it, since I use the pc only once out of every three weeks :) This fact does not in any way diminish my love for you--or your nephew's for that matter. It's great to talk to you via webcam, but it also makes us miss you, too. I guess we'll just have to visit you sometime! Love you and miss you like crazy!

Jessi (for the whole fam.)

Sat Jun 03, 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Josiah said...

AGI: is that Adagio Gogo Independant?

Elijah does miss you like crazy... he keeps saying: "I can't wait for Aunt Jodi to come home and tell me stories about Mexico."

I told him you'd have some good stories for him when you get back... so take notes.

Sat Jun 03, 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger S.D. Smith said...

I enjoyed the fun fact of Mexico and the ongoing use of the erroneous acronym which your brother (according to the law) and my brother (according to the flesh) unfortunately revealed. I thought you might have meant: Adagio Gounty Independent, or perhaps America’s Greatest Insight (or Incite). But I think it is probably safe to assume your AGI acronym stands for Ante-Jentacular Gongoozler Idiotropic. And yes, those are all real words. Keep up the bueno work-o.

Sun Jun 04, 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger A. Noel said...

I'm glad to see you're making friends with the locals so quickly Jodes...though those little guys may not be able to lend much practice in the spanish language! Cute story.

Sun Jun 04, 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Ok, Ok, so I made a mistake. Obviously I was reffering to the ACI, (Adagio County Independant, for those of you not accuainted with the illustrious publication) I'm not really sure where AGI came from, maybe from a mind way overstimulated with foriegn words to actually give much thought to familliar ones. Anyway, there's my explanation, and I'm stickin' to it =)

Mon Jun 05, 06:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, and Jessi, I'm taking you up on that visiting statement.

Mon Jun 05, 06:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home